This feature allows you to define roles in your primaERP account. By default, the person who created the account will be the account owner, who can give different access rights to his team members.
The access rights are assigned based on the roles set in the application, where each role has its own competencies. The competencies level differs in accessing important features like clients, projects, prices, etc.
Roles in primaERP:
- Account owner – The owner of the account has full control over the
account: he can manage projects, clients, activities and account settings and controls the deactivation of the account and the ownership
- Account administrator – The administrator has basic control over the account: manages projects, clients, activities and account settings. He can also deactivate/delete any user and even himself. He can also see the whole team's time records.
- Time Tracking Project manager- As a project manager, the user will be able to create new projects and manage them. He can add members to the project and edit all related time records within the project.
- Time Tracking Advanced user – A user with this role can see the prices within the application, as well as he can set, edit and delete the custom prices in his own time records.
- Time Tracking user – A user with this (default) role has basic access rights in the TIME TRACKING application; he can create, edit and delete only its own time records.
- Billing user - A user with this role has basic access rights in the BILLING
application. He can create, edit and delete hourly rates and bills, based on
the data registered in the TIME TRACKING application.
- Attendance user - A user with this (default) role can clock in/out and track his breaks, as well as access the timesheet to just check it, print it or send it via email for approval. This user can cancel only the current running stopwatch.
- Attendance Advanced user - A user with this role can also track his/her attendance and edit a running stopwatch, as well as edit previous time records via the detailed overview of the day or via the timesheet.
- Attendance admin - A user with this role can do all of the above mentioned Attendance activities, plus see and edit the timesheets of all of the users that have access to attendance. He can also access the Attendance settings, where he can manage the project and activities related to attendance.
When a user is first invited to the primaERP application, he has to contact the account owner or admin in order to have his access and role assigned, if this wasn't done already.
Where I can find the roles and its competencies:
This action can be performed only by the account owner and the account administrator.
A) Click on "Settings" icon, which is located at the top right side of the screen.
B) Select "Roles" in the sub-menu.
C) There you can find the list of roles. By clicking on a role, you will be able to see the list of competences related to the specific role.
How to assign a role to a user:
This is an advanced feature which allows only the account owner and administrator to assign the access rights to other users.
A) Click on "Settings" icon, which is located at the top right
side of the screen.
B) Select "User" in the sub-menu.
C) Select the User you wish to add a role to.
D) Click the "Assigned roles" tab.
E) Check the roles you want to add
For more detailed information about the competencies one receives with the role(s), just click on the link “Competencies” in the blue box underneath. By clicking here, you will see all the rights the specific user has.
How to remove a role:
This is an advanced feature which allows only the account owner and administrator to remove the access rights from an account member.
A) Click on the "Settings" icon, which is located at the top right
side of the screen.
B) Select "User" in the sub-menu.
C) Select the user you wish to remove a role from.
D) Click on the "Assigned roles" tab.
E) Uncheck the roles you want to remove.
For more detailed information about the competencies the user will lose by removing the role, just click on the link “Competencies” in the blue box underneath. By clicking here, you will see the rights the specific user still has.
Below you can see the list of the competences related to each role.
|Account owner||Account administrator||All users|
|Full control over account settings incl. managing ownership & deleting account||x|
|Account administration (basic control over the account settings)||x||x|
|Users administration (add, delete, activate or deactivate users of the account)||x||x|
|Personal administration (change the user settings like language etc.)||x||x||x|
Time Tracking module
|Time Tracking User||Account owner||Account administrator||Project manager||Advanced TT user|
|Full access to TT||x||x|
|Creation of new projects||x||x||x|
|Tracking of time||x||x||x||x||x|
|Tracking of time without a project||x||x||x||x||x|
|Control of private projects||x||x||x||x||x|
|Editing of own time records||x||x||x||x||x|
|Viewing of project member's time records||x||x||x||x||x|
|Management of own projects||x||x||x||x||x|
|Time record management||x||x|
|Viewing of prices||x||x||x||x|
|Editing of prices||x||x|
|Billing user||Account owner||Account administrator|
|Full access to Billing||x||x|
|Attendance Admin||Attendance Advanced user||Attendance user|
|Full access to Attendance||x|
|View and edit timesheets||x||x|
|Clock in, out||x||x||x|